Cat and Dog Theology

By Bob Sjogren


There is a joke about cats and dogs that conveys their differences perfectly. A dog says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, you must be God.' A cat says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, I must be God.' This book challenges the readers' understanding of their relationship with God. Our understanding of how we relate to God may not be wrong, but it may be incomplete. The God-given traits of cats ('you exist to serve me') and dogs('I exist to serve you') can be similar to certain theological attitudes held by many Christians. In our personal theologies, some attitudes may draw us closer to God, and others can also pull us away from Him. This book will help the reader differentiate those attitudes, and, as a result, draw closer to the God who delights in them!

No comments: